Also there is a contest for contribution of good ideas and knowledge for people who may want to partcipate in it.
A good initiative and another one has been bitten by the entrepreneurial bug. All the best Avneet for this good effort.
Insightory is a platform for management professionals, academicians and graduate business students to share their knowledge and insights with the corporate world, solve management issues collaboratively, and network with peers who have similar professional interests.
Our goal is to do for management knowledge what Wikipedia has done for general knowledge i.e. put it out on the "open" web, so that those who have expertise can add to it, and those who need the expertise can tap into it. In doing so, we will create powerful networks, with rich opportunities for "providers" as well as "seekers" of management knowledge.
We believe in five "core" tenets:
- Companies need a constant supply of "management knowledge" (best practices, trends, how-to's, insights, etc.)
- Having access to multiple viewpoints is better than having access to a few.
- Management knowledge is not the essential domain of a few; it is distributed among tens of thousands of smart, experienced people all over the world.
- Currently, there isn't any effective way for companies to tap into the experience and expertise of those who aren't employees or contractors / consultants.
- The most efficient mechanism for building and distributing knowledge is an open, internet-based system.
This is our alpha website. A beta version will be launched in December 2007. We are currently holding a Contest for the best management-related documents. Anyone in the management community is welcome to participate. See details, rules and award information here.